Public Health Division of the Urban Local bodies is solely responsible for providing clean and healthy environment to its citizen for maintaining proper health and sanitation conditions within their municipal area.
Key responsibilities of Public Health/ Sanitation Division are:
- Cleaning of public streets and drains
- Banning the sale of expired/rotten and adulterated food material.
- Utilizing effective preventive and control measures against contagious/ infectious diseases.
- Issuing licenses under Food Adulteration Impediment Act.
- Issuing licenses under Bylaws.
- Controlling the places allotted for disposal of dead bodies
- Supply of clean drinking water in parks and water supply for commercial purpose.