Advertisement Tax is a tax collected from the Advertiser/ Agency by local bodies for displaying any kind of advertisement like hoardings, wall paintings, balloons, slides and many more within the Local Body’s limit. The revenue department of Local bodies are responsible for administering the Advertisement Tax process that includes:
- Issuance of Advertisement permits to the advertisers after collecting necessary registration fee.
- Collection of renewal charges in case of renew of the advertising permits already given.
- Issuance of licenses for erecting, fixing, retaining, hanging or displaying of advertisements.
- Collection of advertisement taxes.
- Collection of permission fee in case the land used for advertisements belongs to Municipalities.
- Collection of advertisement tax in case of renewals.
- Leasing out identified places for hoarding to display in the municipal places and as well as private sites within the municipality.